How To Choose A Car Accident Lawyer And What Questions To Ask?Author: Steven J. Malman
Like all other mishaps, a car accident is a situation that no one would like to get involved in. Even if such a situation arises, there are several car accident lawyers who are readily available to help with civil damage recovery lawsuits. This is needed in order to file a claim against the negligent driver who caused the accident. Chicago Car accident lawyers provide excellent assistance in obtaining justice, right from filling of the claim to negotiating settlements.
A car accident lawyer might have to play several roles across legal jurisdictions. Though in general, a lawyer's duty is to enlighten his clients about their rights, and argue in favor of the best interests of his clients.
There has been a steady rise in the number of attorneys who handle car insurance related cases. Though it's a good progress, but this scenario has its own demerits. It has become difficult to distinguish the skillful and genuine Chicago car accident lawyers from the unscrupulous ones.
As such, those who are looking for services from these attorneys should make sure that they are dealing with professionals with good reputation. The biggest obstacle comes in the form of choosing the best from the hundreds of them in Chicago. Thus, it becomes necessary to check many factors before you hire any of the Chicago accident lawyers.
A quick and brief analysis of a Chicago car accident lawyer's credentials can be done by ascertaining the following:
- You need to check the level of education of the Chicago accident attorney. This will ensure that the lawyer is well versed with the car accident laws of Chicago.
- You need to check the track record of the Chicago accident lawyer and the law firm with your lawyer. It is essential that the Chicago car accident lawyer has a clean and perfect track record of claiming and negotiating settlements successfully.
- Just like any other kind of lawyer, an ideal Chicago car accident lawyer should have experience in dealing with clients. It is advisable to find out his/her capability by examining the number of cases that he or she has won on behalf of his/her clients.
1. What is the attorney's plan of action for your case? Since it is a free consultation you should ask all questions necessary to clear your doubts. Any Chicago car accident lawyer with good experience will give you a brief outline of his plan of action at the first meeting itself.
2. If the attorney has handled any case similar to the one of yours, and what has been the success rate? This will give you an idea of how much time it will take and how close you can get to your settlement claim.
3. What does the Chicago car accident lawyer expect from you? Whether it is possible for you to provide him with all the documents or evidences that the lawyer expects from you or not? Documents like insurance policy, car registration document, driver's license, etc. Evidence like a picture of the accident site or some eye witness might be a requirement from the attorney's end.
4. What is the lawyer's fee? How is it supposed to be paid? The first consultation in accident cases is generally free. Experienced and reputed Chicago personal injury attorneys usually will work on an incident basis.
Choosing the right Chicago car accident lawyer can be a daunting task. You can take help from state bar association, which helps you to find the right Illinois car accident attorney for your case.
If you or your loved one is a victim of car accident, call now at 1-888-625-6265 for free legal consultation or visit www.malmanlaw.com
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/personal-injury-articles/how-to-choose-a-car-accident-lawyer-and-what-questions-to-ask-5244783.html
About the Author
Steven J. Malman is the initiator of the Law Offices of Steven J. Malman and Associates, P.C. located in Chicago, Illinois. He has committed his entire legal career to defending the rights of victims of car accident and assisted them to obtain the biggest financial recovery possible for their loss.