The Best Career Choices for the Next 10 YearsAuthor: Bates Mander
So you have a career plan, that's great. How feasible is that plan and have you thought of the impact of those plans over the next 10 years, because your career may be non-existent in the next five. When planning for our careers, these are some of the things we avoid thinking about because they are unpleasant. However, the fact of the matter is that life as we know it is changing and your career choices need to be sustainable.
What Is Affecting the Job Market?
It doesn't matter whether you are planning for a career that is yet to begin or are already in a career and are planning to advance, the job market is changing for all and here are some of the things you need to look out for:
* Technological Advancements: Technology is reducing the overall workforce but it is also creating jobs and it may be time for you to think about the impact of technology in your profession and plan accordingly.
* The Aging Population: The aging population is growing, so this means that sectors such as healthcare are going to need more people to care for this aging population.
* Child Care: Parents are more enlightened and need better quality child care. Early childhood education is a career to watch out for.
* Improved Medicine: People want to live longer and healthier lives, and there is demand for better quality medicine and treatments.
10 Lucrative Careers to Consider For the Next Decade
In no particular order, we have compiled a list of some of the job titles that you may want to pursue over the next ten years and beyond.
1. Personal Finance Advisor: Baby Boomers are approaching their peak years and need solid advice on matters such as investment, savings and other financial matters.
2. Market Research Analyst: Just like you, companies are also looking to strategize for the future and will need market research analysts to expand their businesses.
3. Computer Systems Analyst: Technology jobs are increasingly becoming lucrative as businesses seek to keep up with technology. Other professions you may want to pursue are computer programmer, computer applications software engineer and networking specialist
4. Accountant: This has always been a safe profession and isn't under threat because we will still need to have our accounts and financial statements professionally reviewed. Auditing is just as viable.
5. Registered Nurse: The need for nursing care is ever increasing with the aging population increasing and technological advances in the medical world.
6. Doctor: Both physicians and surgeons will be in high demand due to the developing need for healthcare
7. Environmental Engineer: This is a title that will see you earn well in the next few years as new constructions and renovations need to safeguard environmental resources as well.
8. Employment Specialist: Well, we are talking about the future of careers and companies will be seeking these professionals to help employ new staff or scale down.
9. Elder Care Specialist: Baby Boomers are now turning to assisted living facilities to care for their parents and nursing homes are now more sophisticated than ever. They will need someone to advise them.
10. Day Care Provider: Parents are willing to spend more on quality day care and this is an industry that will realize a shift from the low wages and poor employment security to high earnings and demand.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/online-education-articles/the-best-career-choices-for-the-next-10-years-6724931.html
About the Author
For more information about Accelerated Degree, please visit http://www.jobtrainingplace.com/.