10 methods of getting rid of dandruff naturallyAuthor: marco abramson
There are many home remedies for this condition along with over-the-counter shampoos made to alleviate the symptoms of dandruff. There are a few steps that you can follow along with a few methods that can help you get over dandruff:
- Wash hair regularly but don't overdo it: dandruff is caused when scalp sheds dead skin cells. You can wash your hair every day with a dandruff shampoo until it subsides and then limit shampooing to 2-3 times in a week. Use of harsh chemicals can irritate scalp and dry it out causing more dandruff.
- Brush hair after shampooing: brushing your hair will help you to distribute oil which is naturally occurring in your scalp and hair over the entire surface of your head. Beginning at your scalp, brush outwards to help distribute oil from scalp along your head.
- Use yogurt to get rid of dandruff: Immediately after you wash and rinse your hair, rub plain yogurt onto your scalp and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and wash it off. For final rinse, you can use infusion of thyme, nettle or sage with 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Aspirin works too: break up two tablets between a thin cloth and napkin using a hammer by lightly pounding on the aspirin. Add the crushed powder of aspirin to your regular shampoo. Leave the shampoo in your hair for a minute or two before rinsing.
- Cedarwood: Mix 7 drops of cedarwood cypress and 10 drops of juniper in 50ml of carrier oil. Rub it into the scalp and leave it on for an hour. To remove this mix, rub mild shampoo into hair and then wash off with warm water.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Take one part apple cider vinegar and mix it with one part water. Wash your hair normally then pour vinegar-water mixture carefully onto hair and scrub into the scalp. Ensure not to let it get into eyes. If you have any unhealed scratch or scab, it will burn and when it does just wash off with water. Leave the mix on for 10-15 minutes and then wash off. The vinegar smell will disappear once your hair is dry. You can repeat it daily for about a week.
- Baking soda: instead of using a regular shampoo, replace it with baking soda. Rub a heaping of tablespoon of baking soda into wet scalp and hair and leave it on for a minute. Then rinse thoroughly. After two weeks of using this shampoo, your scalp should begin producing natural oils leaving the scalp moisturised and dandruff-free.
- Baby oil: Apply baby oil onto scalp and massage softly. Cover your hair with towel and leave the oil on overnight. Wash with Dandrene anti-dandruff shampoo in the morning. The oil should condition your scalp while you are asleep.
- Coconut oil after wash: Dry your hair after showering and ensure that your hair does not feel silky. It has to feel dry. The apply coconut oil onto scalp and try avoiding it from spreading to the rest of your hair. Then wash off the coconut oil thoroughly. You can repeat this method once in a week until dandruff is gone.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and is known to treat dandruff effectively. Rub it into scalp and allow it to settle for 5 minutes. Rinse it with water and repeat it every day.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/hair-articles/10-methods-of-getting-rid-of-dandruff-naturally-6755421.html
About the Author
Marcoa Bramson is a hair care expert in the UK. He believes in naturopathic treatments for hair problems. He recommends the use of Dandrene anti-dandruff shampoo to prevent white flakes, itching and burning of scalp. You can also buy Revita shampoo from haircaretotal.co.uk to prevent hair loss which is another common hair problem.